Become a Power Partner
To become a Power Partner, all we need is a letter from your Mayor or Shire President to our CEO Amanda McKenzie confirming your participation.
The formal letter from your Mayor should be addressed to:
- CEO Amanda McKenzie
- A digital version of the letter is fine (a hard copy isn’t essential).
- You can email the letter to [email protected]
If your council decides to join, your letter just needs to acknowledge that as a Power Partner in the Cities Power Partnership your council will:
- Within 6 months, identify 5 items included in the Cities Power Partnership Pledge that your council will strive to achieve. (Noting that some projects already in the council pipeline could be included towards a council’s pledge).
- Complete a 6 monthly online survey that provides the Climate Council with basic information on how you are progressing on the 5 pledge items that council has selected.
- Nominate a point of contact within your council that the Climate Council can liaise with on CPP matters, including contact details.
- Confirm that you’re willing to be buddied with other local councils to share knowledge
That’s all you need to do to become a part of the program and we’ll do the rest. If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected]