Become a Power Partner
The Cities Power Partnership program focusses on supporting and celebrating the emissions reduction successes of local councils across the country. The program connects local councils with shared emissions reduction project interests across the pledge areas of renewable energy, energy efficiency, sustainable transport and community advocacy.
To become a Power Partner, all we need is a letter from your Mayor or Shire President to our CEO Amanda McKenzie confirming your participation.
The formal letter from your Mayor should be addressed to:
- CEO Amanda McKenzie
- A digital version of the letter is fine (a hard copy isn’t essential).
- You can email the letter to [email protected]
If your council decides to join, your letter just needs to acknowledge that as a Power Partner in the Cities Power Partnership your council will:
- Within 6 months, identify 5 items included in the Cities Power Partnership Pledge that your council will strive to achieve. (Noting that some projects already in the council pipeline could be included towards a council’s pledge).
- Complete a 12 monthly online survey that provides the Climate Council with basic information on how you are progressing on the 5 pledge items that council has selected.
- Nominate a point of contact within your council that the Climate Council can liaise with on CPP matters, including contact details.
- Confirm that you’re willing to connect and collaborate with other local councils to share knowledge
That’s all you need to do to become a part of the program and we’ll do the rest. If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact us at [email protected]