The Cities Power Partnership National Summit, taking place 18-19 October in Kiama, NSW, is Australia’s leading local government climate change forum.
Connect with trailblazing Cities Power Partnership councils, community energy groups, climate experts and industry leaders from across the country and be inspired to tackle climate change together.
Check out the inspiring speaker and workshop lineup, including a keynote address from US renewable energy visionary Mayor R.Rex Parris of Lancaster, California.
- Setting and delivering on carbon reduction targets – best practice case studies from CPP member councils
- The power of council and community partnerships to deliver renewable energy projects
- Councils becoming medium scale renewable energy project developers
- Low carbon project financing options & cost / benefit analyses
- Electric vehicle fleet & fast charging infrastructure rollouts
- What are the climate risks and potential liabilities that councils face?
- International case studies and learnings for Australian councils
See PROGRAM OUTLINE
Who should attend?
- Mayors and councillors
- Environment and sustainability teams
- Energy and asset managers
- Communications teams
- Business and community engagement teams
- Community energy groups
- Prospective councils looking to join in 2018-19
- Policy practitioners in state and federal governments
- Industry representatives
The Pavilion Kiama is located within the Illawarra’s South Coast. Perched on the headland overlooking the famous Kiama Lighthouse, Norfolk Pines and Surf Beach, the stunning coastal location makes it a unique conference venue. The Pavilion Kiama is a 1.5 hour drive south of Sydney or accessible via direct train from Sydney airport.
The regional location provides delegates with the opportunity to network and learn without distractions back at the office. The summit dates Thursday – Friday also offers an opportunity for delegates to extend their stay to visit the beautiful NSW South Coast.
The Cities Power Partner awards ceremony, presented at the Summit, which will showcase excellence in renewable energy, energy efficiency, sustainable transport and community advocacy, as well as individual champion awards. The awards ceremony will be held as part of the gala dinner on Thursday October 18, 2018.
- Renewable Energy Achievement Award
- Energy Efficiency Achievement Award
- Sustainable Transport Achievement Award
- Community Engagement Award
Knowledge Sharing Award (Best Buddies Award)
CPP Ambassador Award (Individual)
For further information on selection criteria, eligibility & the judging panel, visit the CPP Awards web page
Summit Registration IS NOW OPEN. REGISTER HERE
Registration fees (incl GST)
Full registration – includes 2 day conference, networking drinks & gala awards dinner.
- CPP Member Council delegate – $750
- Corporate & Non CPP member council – $1,000
- Community, not for profit – $500
Group discounts – register a group of three or more from the same organisation and receive a 20% discount per ticket.
Day 1 Workshop: Climate Media Spokesperson Training
Wednesday October 18
2:00 – 3:00pm: Presentation & key messages exercise – open to invited delegates
3:30 – 4:30pm: One on one interview training for invited Mayors
Run by the Climate Media Centre, this afternoon session for Mayors, elected representatives & delegated media spokespeople will assist in messaging for media opportunities including:
- Policy or strategy launches
- Responding to climate disruption (eg extreme weather events)
- Climate solutions & new initiatives
Numbers are strictly limited so submit your request early to avoid disappointment. FREE for registered summit delegates. The session will run concurrently to the plenary summit program on site.
Prospective delegates will be asked to complete a pre-training survey outlining your previous experience to help with the session planning.
Exhibition and Sponsorship
The Power Partner Summit provides a unique opportunity to engage with over 100 local government authorities who have committed to climate action and clean energy projects.
Whether you’re looking to showcase a new product, debate a big idea, connect with decision makers or to simply demonstrate your commitment to Australia’s climate challenge, we have a range of sponsorship and exhibition packages to meet your objectives, whatever your budget.
The Summit includes an exclusive industry exhibition which will be capped at 10 stalls in addition to stalls included in sponsorship packages.
Download the CPP Summit sponsorship & exhibition prospectus