The Cities Power Partnership National Summit, Australia's leading local government climate change forum was held on 18-19 October in Kiama, NSW.
Over 160 delegates including trailblazing Cities Power Partnership councils, community energy groups, climate experts and industry leaders came from across the country to inspire each other to tackle climate change together.
View the CPP Summit Image Gallery
View the summit & awards highlights video
- Setting and delivering on carbon reduction targets - best practice case studies from CPP member councils
- The power of council and community partnerships to deliver renewable energy projects
- Councils becoming medium scale renewable energy project developers
- Low carbon project financing options & cost / benefit analyses
- Electric vehicle fleet & fast charging infrastructure rollouts
- What are the climate risks and potential liabilities that councils face?
- International case studies and learnings for Australian councils
Check out the inspiring speakers including an international keynote address from US renewable energy visionary Mayor R.Rex Parris of Lancaster, California.
Access the PROGRAM OUTLINE
- Mayors and Councillors
- Environment and sustainability teams
- Energy & carbon managers
- Business and community engagement teams
- Community energy groups
- CPP Member and prospective councils looking to join
- Policy & program practitioners in state governments
- Low carbon solutions industry representatives
a Certified Carbon neutral event
We are pleased to announce that the Summit was an officially certified carbon neutral event under the National Carbon Offset Standard (NCOS), the only government recognised carbon neutral standard in Australia.
The National Carbon Offset Standard for Events provides best-practice guidance on how to measure, reduce, offset and report emissions that occur as a result of an event’s activities. The CPP Summit is only the third event certified under this scheme. The CPP team is proud to have worked with supporting partner Pangolin Associates and Kiama Council’s Pavilion venue team for the carbon emissions measurement & management, carbon offsetting and reporting to achieve the NCOS certification
We thank our delegates for their participation and assistance in understanding the event’s carbon footprint, including emissions from travel to and from the summit.
Carbon Neutral Supporting Partner
The Cities Power Partner awards ceremony, presented at the Summit, showcased excellence in renewable energy, energy efficiency, sustainable transport and community advocacy, as well as individual champion awards. The awards ceremony was held as part of the gala dinner on Thursday October 18, 2018.
- Renewable Energy Achievement Award
- Energy Efficiency Achievement Award
- Sustainable Transport Achievement Award
- Community Engagement Award
Knowledge Sharing Award (Best Buddies Award
CPP Ambassador Award (Individual
To view the award winners, entry summaries & judging panel, visit the CPP Awards web page
Sponsors & Exhibitors
We'd like to thank host sponsor Kiama Municipal Council, the Pavillion Kiama and the following sponsors & exhibitors for supporting our inaugural summit and awards ceremony
Renewable Energy Award Sponsor & Program Supporter
Energy Efficiency Award sponsor
Networking drinks sponsor