In nearly three years, the Cities Power Partnership has become Australia’s largest network of local governments taking action on climate change. With over 125 councils on board, we have seen tangible action and exciting projects taking place all around Australia.
To gain feedback and help inform the future of the program, as well as receive an update on your Cities Power Partnership pledges, we recently collected information from our member councils.
This report summarises the results from the 110 councils who completed the Cities Power Partnership 2020 Reporting & Feedback Survey. We hope it provides in-depth insight into where you are tracking as an individual council, as well as information on how other councils are leveraging the benefits of the program to accelerate climate action.
- Over 50% of councils have pledged to install renewable energy on council buildings
- Almost all councils joined the Cities Power Partnership to connect, collaborate and share knowledge with other councils
- The top areas of interest for councils are net zero communities, adaptation and electric vehicles
- 79% of councils are exploring an electric vehicles policy
- Nearly 50% of councils have a renewable energy target