What council has achieved in the past in energy efficiency, renewable energy, sustainable transport or broader sustainability
Under the Environment Strategy and Climate Change Adaptation Action Plan recent achievements include:
- The installation of 35kW of solar PV on key local infrastructure
- The addition of three hybrid vehicles to our fleet as a result of changes to our Motor Vehicle Fleet Management
- Participation in the Goulburn Broken Greenhouse Alliance streetlight replacement project
- Membership of the Council Alliance for a Sustainable Built Environment (CASBE)
- Working with Beyond Zero Emissions and the Renewable Energy Benalla Community Group to develop a plan to transition to zero net energy use over the next ten years
- Membership of the Goulburn Broken Greenhouse Alliance. As part of the Alliance, we have participated in many successful projects, including the Local Government Sustainability Training Program and the Climate Smart Agricultural Development project.
What council hopes to achieve in the future in energy efficiency, renewable energy, sustainable transport or broader sustainability?
The Council is committed to setting energy reduction targets and working with the community to achieve them, including through:
- Water conservation and reuse
- Energy production/conservation
- Waste generation and recycling
- Native vegetation conservation and management
What council hopes to gain from being a member of the CPP
CPP membership enables knowledge sharing and collaboration, providing economies of scale for our Rural City and accelerating our ability to achieve the objectives of our environment and climate change goals.