Cities Power Partnership members had the opportunity to join Professor Karen Hussey, Climate Councillor and Director of the Centre for Policy Futures, The University of Queensland to a deep-dive into the complex issue facing councils tackling climate change.
Some of the things Professor Hussey covered were:
- How does climate change expose councils to liabilities?
- What sort of claims could councils face? How can councils manage this preemptively?
- How do councils assess climate change risk? What are some of the risks at the local level?
- Mitigation actions that councils can undertake.
- Adaptation actions that councils can (and increasingly must) take.