About the Summit
The Cities Power Partnership Summit, will inspire, connect, engage & deliver practical information to assist councils implement carbon emissions reduction projects that contribute to the action pledges across the four areas of Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency, Sustainable Transport & Working Together for Influence.
Our summit theme for 2018 ‘Accelerating local action’ underlines the crucial role of local leadership and the fact that visible, concrete action on climate change is supported by ratepayers and residents around the country. We know that transforming the way cities use and generate energy alone has the potential to deliver 70% of the total emissions reductions needed to stay on track for the 2 degrees limit set under the Paris agreement.
Curated by the Climate Council’s Cities Power Partnership team with input from an advisory panel of leading experts from around Australia, the program will feature Australian and international keynote speakers, panel discussions, case studies, media training workshops run by the Climate Media Centre and lots of lively debate.
Summit Registration IS NOW OPEN Early Bird rates on offer until June 30. REGISTER HERE
- Setting and delivering on carbon reduction targets – best practice case studies from CPP member councils
- The power of council and community partnerships to deliver renewable energy projects
- Councils becoming medium scale renewable energy project developers
- Low carbon project financing options & cost / benefit analyses
- Electric vehicle fleet & fast charging infrastructure rollouts
- What are the climate risks and potential liabilities that councils face?
- International case studies and learnings for Australian councils
See PROGRAM OUTLINE
Who should attend?
- Mayors and councillors
- Environment and sustainability teams
- Energy and asset managers
- Communications teams
- Business & community engagement teams
- Community energy groups
In addition to our CPP member audience we also welcome
- Prospective councils looking to join in 2018-19
- Policy practitioners in state and federal governments
- Low carbon products & service suppliers
Download the summit overview & Save the date card
The Pavilion Kiama is located within the Illawarra’s South Coast. Perched on the headland overlooking the famous Kiama Lighthouse, Norfolk Pines and Surf Beach, the stunning coastal location makes it a unique conference venue. The Pavilion Kiama is a 1.5 hour drive south of Sydney or accessible via direct train from Sydney airport.
The regional location provides delegates with the opportunity to network and learn without distractions back at the office. The summit dates Thursday – Friday also offers an opportunity for delegates to extend their stay to visit the beautiful NSW South Coast.
The summit will also include the inaugural Cities Power Partner awards ceremony, which will showcase excellence in renewable energy, energy efficiency, sustainable transport and community advocacy at the practitioner level, as well as individual champion awards. The awards ceremony will be held as part of the summit gala dinner on Thursday October 18, 2018.
Entries are now open and will close on Monday July 30, 2018.
- Renewable Energy Achievement Award
- Energy Efficiency Achievement Award
- Sustainable Transport Achievement Award
- Community Engagement Award
Knowledge Sharing Award (Best Buddies Award)
CPP Ambassador Award (Individual)
For further information on how to enter, selection criteria, eligibility & the judging panel, visit the CPP Awards web page
Summit Registration IS NOW OPEN. REGISTER HERE
Registration fees (incl GST)
Full registration – includes 2 day conference, networking drinks & gala awards dinner.
Early bird rates expires 30 June, 2018
- CPP Member Council delegate – $750 ($675 Early Bird)
- Corporate & Non CPP member council – $1,000 ($900 Early Bird)
- Community, not for profit – $500 ($450 Early Bird)
Group discounts -Register a group of three or more from the same organisation and receive a 20% discount per ticket.
Day 1 Workshop: Climate Media Spokesperson Training
Run by the Climate Media Centre, this INVITATION ONLY afternoon session for Mayors, elected representatives / delegated media spokespeople will assist in messaging for media opportunities including:
- Policy or strategy launches
- Responding to climate disruption (eg extreme weather events)
- Climate solutions & new initiatives
Numbers are strictly limited so submit your request early to avoid disappointment. FREE for registered Summit delegates. The session will run concurrently to the plenary Summit program on site.
Prospective delegates will be asked to complete a pre-training survey outlining your previous experience to help with the session planning. Preference will be given to less experienced media performers or under-resourced councils.
The Climate Media Centre is a not-for-profit PR agency and spokesperson bureau for climate change. It has provided tailored training to hundreds of climate change communicators across Australia and generates more than 6,000 media items a year.
Exhibition & Sponsorship
The Power Partner Summit provides a unique opportunity to engage with 0ver 100 local government authorities who have committed to climate action pledges as part of the program, and are either actively implementing carbon emissions reduction projects now or are committed to in the near future.
Whether you’re looking to showcase a new product, debate a big idea, connect with decision makers or to simply demonstrate your commitment to Australia’s climate challenge, we have a range of sponsorship and exhibition packages to meet your objectives, whatever your budget.
The Conference includes an exclusive industry exhibition which will be capped at 10 stalls in addition to stalls included in sponsorship packages.
Download the CPP Summit sponsorship & exhibition prospectus